The pour-over method of brewing coffee dates back to 1908 but faded out when French Press became popular in 1929. Now today’s society is more interested and invested in the quality of coffee they drink, and with the growing popularity of specialty coffee shops, the pour-over coffee makers are back in the game.
Bodum is a company founded in Denmark with a huge variety of high-quality coffee and tea accessories and kitchen wares.
With the Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker, you won’t need to go to a fancy coffee shop to experience a smooth-tasting, aromatic coffee every morning. You can brew a perfect cup from your kitchen, all you need is coffee, water, and a few minutes of your time. So, let’s get into whether or not you should purchase this coffee maker!
In most households, an electric coffee maker is one of the most common appliances in the kitchen. It is the quickest way to get your caffeine kick during busy mornings. However pour-over coffee makers are also gaining back their popularity as people sought more substance in their cups.
There are plenty of pour-over coffee maker brands in the market with all manners of shapes and sizes made with varied types of materials.
What makes the Bodum Pour Over coffee maker apart from the rest? There are several aspects but let me give you four major advantages:
1: Quality – the elegant round-shaped borosilicate glass carafe of the Bodum isn’t just aesthetically pleasing but is also high quality. It is heat-resistant and non-porous so you won’t taste anything else but pure coffee in your cup. It is also dishwasher safe and easy to use.
2: Environment friendly – unlike most pour-over coffee makers, the Bodum does not need paper coffee filters which also trap flavor and essential oils from your coffee. It comes with a permanent stainless steel mesh liner that you can wash and reuse over and over.
3: Durability – its excellent quality, and if cared for properly, you will never have to buy another one again. The Bodum can last a lifetime and you can even share it with your future generations.
4: Affordability – one of many things you will like about the Bodum is that considering all its incredible features, it’s amazingly cheap. The Bodum borosilicate glass is the same type of glass used in other expensive pour-over brands like Chemex, yet Bodum is just half the price!
How To Use
Distinguished from other methods, pour-over is accentuated by the bold aroma and intricate flavor of coffee it produces. It doesn’t matter if you’re new or expert to home brewing, the pour-over method may just be for you.
It is not complicated as the Bodum is just one piece of glass and a filter. The whole brewing process (excluding the boiling time of the water) takes about 3-4 minutes only.
Prepare your perfect cup of Joe in a jiffy with these 5 easy steps:
1. To make 1 cup of coffee, add 1 tablespoon of fresh, medium grind, slightly roasted coffee beans to the stainless cone-shaped filter.
Add 1 tablespoon for every cup of coffee you will be preparing or you can adjust on your next brewing depending on how you like your coffee to turn out. At the center of the ground beans, make a tiny hole using your finger.
2. A cup of coffee requires 4oz of fresh water. Once boiling, wait for 30 seconds before turning off the stove to allow the temperature to reach a few Celsius below boiling point – 93-97 degrees if you have a food thermometer.
A gooseneck kettle is much preferable because it has a long and thin spout so you can have more control over the flow of water.
3. To begin the brewing process, start pouring water over on the tiny hole you made first and then outwards in a circular motion until all coffee grounds are drenched evenly.
4. Wait for 30 seconds, allowing the coffee to “bloom”, gas escapes from the ground beans making it bubble and expand. Pour 1/3 of the remaining hot water, pause for another 30 seconds, and then pour the rest, using the same circular motion every time.
5. Wait for a few more minutes as all the water passes through the filter and fill up the carafe with freshly brewed coffee. Replace the filter with the long-handled lid. Pour out your coffee into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Coffee is a part of our daily routine – it’s our quick fix in the morning before going to work, the extra kick to jumpstart our brains before a midday meeting or presentation, or a relaxing evening cup as we wrap up the day.
Reward yourself and level up your coffee experience with the Bodum Pour Over coffee maker. Thank you for reading and may your cup be always filled with good coffee and good vibes!