With all the signature smoothness of a classic coffee and the added subtle sweetness of French vanilla – there’s no wonder that French Vanilla Coffee is a coffee house favorite. In fact, it’s so delicious that many of us want to be able to recreate it in the comfort of our own homes. However, with such a wide range of coffees available on the market – not all of them good – it can leave you on an endless quest to make your perfect cup of joe at home.
Luckily, if you’re looking for the very best french vanilla coffee, you’re in the right place. We’ve put together a finely-tuned list of our tried-and-tested favorites, From light roasts to instant coffee to cold brew – you can be rest assured that we’ve got all bases covered!
What is the best french vanilla coffee?
There’s a lot of different french vanilla coffees out there. Not only have we hand-picked the very best, but we’ve also reviewed the special features, pros, and cons so that you can find the perfect blend to suit your taste buds. Yet if you’re looking for a quick summary, here’s our shortlist of the top 5:
How to choose the best coffee
With so many different coffees in the grocery store and online, each one with enticing packaging and promises of deliciously velvety roasts – how are we supposed to know which one will really taste best?
You could try trial and error, but that’ll likely end with lots of cups of not-so-great coffee. If you, like us, take your coffee seriously as an essential part of your day. You shouldn’t settle for anything less than the best!
We hope we’ve made your choice a little easier with our top 5. but we’ve also put together an easy guide to choosing the best coffee for you.
Choose your beans wisely
Your coffee should mention somewhere on the packet the type of beans that it has been made with.
Coffee can be made with two different types of beans – Arabica or Robusta. When it comes to ground coffee, Arabica beans tend to make for a tastier roast. Robusta beans are typically cheaper and often not quite so delicious.
You might find that some coffees are made with a combination of the two beans but watch out for how much Robusta was used as this will lead to a more bitter flavor.
Find the right roast for you
Roasting is an essential step in the coffee manufacturing process as it releases all of those tasty flavors and aromas that make it such a popular beverage. Typically the type of roast will range from light to dark, and the roast should always be listed on the label.
This is one of the mildest types of coffee as the beans haven’t been roasted for long; however, they can sometimes have a slightly sour flavor.
This type of coffee comes with a slightly deeper flavor than a light roast and is often a standard go-to for everyday coffee drinkers.
This type of roast produces a much richer darker-colored cup of coffee. The longer roasting process means that oil comes to the surface of the bean, which produces a slightly bittersweet flavor,
The darkest coffee of them all, this roast is characterized by bitter flavor and less acidity than lighter roasts.
Where’s it from?
A lot of coffee labels will also note where the coffee beans originate from. You might think that coffee beans are all the same and where they come from won’t make a difference – however, each coffee-producing region of the world has a distinctly unique flavor.
Some of the most common coffee regions are Latin America. Africa and Indonesia Latin American beans (from countries in Central and South America, such as Costa Rica, Mexico, Columbia, and the Caribbean) typically offer a sweeter, lighter flavor and lower acidity.
Beans from Africa offer deep and complex flavors, with spicy and chocolatey notes, While Indonesian coffee usually comes with an earthier, well-balanced, sometimes floral flavor.
The size of the package
It might seem like a good idea to buy that big bargain bag of ground coffee – but if you appreciate good coffee, then this should be avoided. It’s important that your coffee stays fresh so that it continues to taste good, so make sure you buy smaller packets.
Now that you know how to make sure you get the most out of your coffee, let’s get into our top 5 list of the best french vanilla coffee.
1. Best Vanilla Coffee – Starbucks Vanilla Flavored Light Roast Ground Coffee
If you already know a thing or two about french vanilla coffee, then you’re probably looking for a coffee that is smooth velvety, and mild – as many people find that it perfectly complements the delicate sweetness of the french vanilla flavors. This offering from Starbucks is a go-to for many french vanilla coffee fans for this reason.
Ever had a vanilla flavored coffee that doesn’t really taste much like vanilla at all? That won’t be a problem with this product by Starbucks as it contains a very generous hint of mellow vanilla. This blend makes the most of Starbucks’ signature light blend, offering a light and tasty mild flavor that is perfect for everyday sipping.
• A chance to enjoy the signature flavors of the popular coffee house chain at home.
• It packs a significant vanilla-flavored punch that translates beyond the aroma into the actual taste of the coffee.
• Ground coffee that is conveniently ready to brew.
• The light roast is smooth and mild.
• Features natural vanilla flavoring with no sugar.
• A well-sized package that will last a while for continual use without going stale.
• It has a certain sweetness that might be a bit too much for some,
• You’re paying for the recognizable brand name in addition to the coffee.
• Packaging can vary.
Is this coffee dairy-free?
Yes, this coffee product simply contains ground coffee and natural flavorings – no dairy1, Which means that it is generally considered safe for anyone whose diet preferences or allergies mean that they can’t have dairy.
What is the recommended method to brew this coffee?
Starbucks recommends its ground coffees to be brewed using a drip brewer. If you prefer to use a coffee press, then you might have more success with whole coffee beans.
Is this coffee sugar-free?
The ingredients list simply states natural flavorings, implying that this coffee is free of sugar.
2. Best French Vanilla Ground Coffee – Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee French Vanilla Flavored Ground Coffee
Fans of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee will be pleased to see a French Vanilla incarnation of the chain’s signature medium roast made with rich Arabica beans. We had to put this one on the list as Dunkin’ Donuts coffee has cult fans across the world that can’t get enough of their coffee, and their vanilla flavor did not disappoint when we tried it.
Those looking for a noticeably sweet and almost syrupy vanilla flavor in their home-brewed coffee will be pleased with this one. The vanilla flavor here is definitely on the sweeter side, giving it that more-ish quality that will have you craving a cup each and every morning. The packaging also offers a variety of ways to drink this coffee, claiming that it is suitable for everything from cold brews to cappuccinos. If it’s a sweet kick and versatility you’re looking for, look no further.
• This ground coffee is made with premium Arabica beans, so you can expect a quality taste.
• This coffee is quick and easy to brew at home.
• Provides Dunkin’ Donuts’ signature flavor and smoothness at home/
• A versatile blend that can be used for a cold brew as well as hot creations
• Can taste too strong and bitter if too much ground coffee is used in one cup
• Some may prefer a lighter roast to this richer, slightly bitter medium roast.
What type of grind is this, and can it be used in a French press?
A French press requires a slightly coarse grind of coffee. This coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts is a regular grind, which makes it best suited to drip methods.
Can this coffee be made iced?
Ultimately, this will come down to your personal taste for iced coffee. The packaging does say that this french vanilla coffee can be iced, although you may want to make it stronger for a more typical cold brew.
3. Best French Vanilla Instant Coffee – Maxwell House International French Vanilla Cafe Instant Coffee
When it comes to making coffee at home, using ground coffee or whole beans is typically the best method to produce the best-tasting coffee. However, with busy schedules and demanding jobs – sometimes you just want to make something quick and easy. That’s why we thought this list of the best coffees wouldn’t be complete without our pick of the best instant french vanilla coffee.
Maxwell House International is a recognizable name in the world of instant coffee, so you can be rest assured that you’re receiving a quality product. What’s more, it’s kosher! Reviewers have noted the smooth and light-tasting cup of coffee that this mixture produces, with many praising the french vanilla flavor for having the perfect amount of sweetness – some even use this instant coffee simply as a coffee creamer!
• This coffee is incredibly quick, easy, and satisfying to make. You simply add the recommended serving size to a cup of hot water, stirring until the water turns into a creamy and delicious cup of aromatic vanilla coffee.
• For those that typically add lots of cream and sugar to their coffees, this product from Maxwell House may provide a welcome low-calorie alternative One serving size contains approximately 60 calories and 2.5 grams of fat.
• It comes in a resealable canister that makes it easy to keep your coffee fresh and tasty!
• This product contains dairy, so it will not be suitable for those with diets and allergies that mean they can’t consume dairy products.
• This product is not sugar-free.
• Although quick and convenient, the taste of instant coffee may not be suited to those that appreciate the rich and complex flavors of freshly ground coffee.
Does this product contain dairy?
Yes, this is an all-in-one product that acts as both instant coffee and a creamer. Therefore it is not suitable for those who do not consume dairy products.
Is the french vanilla flavor different from a vanilla bean?
Yes, the flavor of french vanilla is typically different from other vanilla flavors as it is sweeter and has a nice and light vanilla taste. This is also the best french vanilla k cup!
Is this product sugar-free?
No, the ingredients list on this product states that it contains sugar.
4. Best French Vanilla Espresso – Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Ground Coffee With Natural French Vanilla Flavor
If you judge your coffee from the packaging, then you’ll no doubt be impressed with this product from Stone Street! The trendy brown paper packaging screams New York, which is where Stone Street Coffee has its roots.
The company is a specialty small-batch roaster located in Brooklyn. Their french vanilla flavored coffee is actually available in a medium roast that is more suitable for hot coffee, but we thought we’d include their special cold brew dark roast on this list for those who like their coffee on ice.
The great thing about this ground coffee is that it is a coarse ground, which not only makes it ideal for a French press it is also the best type of coffee for producing the best cold brew. It is made with 100% Colombian Supremo beans, freshly roasted for a nice and aromatic cup of cold brew.
Furthermore, this product’s unique packaging will help your coffee stay fresh due to its resealable foil and one-way de gassing valve. Overall this is a great option for french vanilla cold brew, especially for those coffee aficionados
• This coffee has been specifically created with a cold brew in mind, so lovers of the strong iced coffee can expect the perfect blend for making their own batch of vanilla-flavored cold brew.
• Made with high quality, freshly roasted 100% Colombian Supremo beans
• Coarse ground coffee, ideal for cold brew extraction and for use in a French press.
• Innovative packaging that features a one-way de-gassing valve to maintain freshness and aroma.
• Some reviewers found that this coffee was particularly bitter for their tastes.
• The natural French vanilla flavor may not be sweet enough for some.
Can you make regular hot coffee with this product?
This particular product has been made especially for cold brew coffee, which means it could be too dark and bitter to drink as regular hot coffee. However, Stone Street does make a regular medium roast French vanilla ground coffee.
What’s the best method for brewing this coffee?
Stone Street recommends making their coffee with the pour-over method, which simply requires a coffee maker, a filter, a dripper, and a cup.
5. Best French Vanilla Flavored Coffee – New England Coffee French Vanilla Medium Roast Ground Coffee
We mentioned earlier in the article that the best quality coffee is made with Arabica beans, and this delicious ground coffee from New England Coffee is made with 100% Arabica coffee beans sourced from some of the world’s best coffee-growing regions.
New England Coffee is a well-known company that has been roasting premium coffee for over 100 years, so you can count on this medium roast packing a flavorsome punch.
Another reason that we added this coffee to the list was that it offers some of the best quality and flavor for a great price. When it comes to value for money, you can’t go wrong with this one! Unlike many other flavored coffees, this one has a noticeable and delicious French vanilla taste translating the flavor’s sweet and mellow flavor beyond just an aroma.
• A smooth medium roast made from some of the finest Arabica beans from coffee-producing regions across the world.
• Packs a significant punch of the signature sweetness that French vanilla fans love, with no artificial aftertaste
• Great value for money Gluten-free and kosher.
• A more sustainable option: Each New England Coffee purchase supports the Sustainable Cup Project
• The medium roast also suits a cold brew style coffee.
• This coffee is made with artificial flavors as opposed to the natural flavors in other options on this list.
What are the ingredients?
The ingredients on the packet simply state 100% Arabica coffee beans, natural and artificial flavors.
Is there any sugar, corn syrup, or molasses in this coffee?
No, there’s no sweetener in this coffee, just flavorings!
Hopefully, this guide to the top French vanilla coffee on the market has helped narrow down your search for the perfect cup of joe to make at home. We’ve tried to make sure there’s something for every French vanilla lover, including instant options and ground coffee that’s more suited to a cold brew. Ultimately we think that every product on this list is worth a try.’