Hamilton Beach is a company that specializes in making coffee makers for day-to-day coffee lovers, whatever their taste, age, or demand is. Their products are designed with high-quality parts while utilizing high-end technology to make their products stand out.
Though this brand is a popular coffee maker in many American households, that doesn’t mean that it won’t have any issues in the long run.
That’s why if you’re a Casual Coffee Drinker, a Fancy creation drinker, a Connoisseur, a Social drinker, or simply a Caffeine addict that in need of an article to help you fix your Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker at the comfort of your home, then you’re in the right place.
This article will cover some common problems with Hamilton Beach coffee makers and offer some potential solutions to these issues.
5 Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker Problems and Ways to Fix Them
There are many different types of common problems that can occur when using a Hamilton Beach coffee maker, but they all have one thing in common: Faulty wiring and malfunctioning components.
Some of the most common problems include: Water not getting hot enough, low pressure in the brew group and weak expresso, failing internal circuit board, dropping coffee filters or grounds on the countertop, and bad hinges or latches on lid/drain.
But the first thing you need to do when troubleshooting any of these following issues is to check to see if your power cord is working properly and plugged in first.
If it’s not your power cord that is the origin of your problem, then let’s start off at:
1. Water Not Getting Hot Enough
Hamilton Beach coffee makers are known for their ability to brew a great cup of coffee at any time of the day.
But its heating mechanism malfunctioning is a common issue that you may encounter in the long run.
If that’s the case, then the problem could be that the heating element is no longer functioning properly or that it has deteriorated over time. The good news is that you can replace it yourself and save a lot of money in the process.
You’ll need to use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the four screws on the bottom of the carafe, then pull apart, exposing the heating element, which you will need to remove as well; after that’s done, you can now replace the worn-out heater with a new one.
A replacement heating element can be purchased from any hardware or appliance store and priced accordingly depending on your country.
Another alternative way to fix this issue is to follow these steps:
- Check the water level in your coffee maker and make sure it is at least 1 inch below the top of the permanent filter basket.
- Fill the reservoir with cold freshwater.
- Remove the carafe from its base and pour out any old liquid from inside.
4 Rinse the carafe and replace it on its base.
- Press the brew button to begin the brewing cycle again.
2. Low Pressure in the Brew
The Hamilton Beach coffee maker is also a popular machine for making quality brewed coffee in the comfort of your home.
However, you may have some small issues with the brewing process. – The first one is the coffee being weak, and the second is that it may not have enough pressure to extract all of the flavors from your beans.
If you are experiencing this problem, then there are three possible ways that you can do to fix this up:
- Clean the filter basket or replace it if it’s already too old.
- Make sure that you’re using enough ground coffee in your filter basket and not just adding hot water; this will increase the pressure on the brew group because more water will be forced through faster.
- Reduce the Dosage of your beans in your coffee to water ratio. 2.5) Fixing Weak/Strong Espresso
If you are an avid coffee drinker, are there any situations that you had to encounter a weak espresso or a bitter espresso in your Hamilton beach coffee maker at some point of the day?
If your answer is yes.
Then these following steps will surely help you to fix this problem:
- Turn off the appliance.
- Unplug it from the power outlet and wait for two minutes.
- Remove the water tank and rinse it out with cold water.
- Put back the water tank and turn on your Hamilton beach appliance.
- Fill up your coffee maker with fresh, clean water and brew a cup of coffee for yourself to taste if the problem has been fixed or not.
If your espresso is too powerful:
Ensure that the steam button is properly powered off. This is to prevent the water from getting too hot and allowing the appliance to cool off; after that, rotate its steam mechanism counterclockwise to release the pressured gas into a cup or a pitcher.
- Prevent excessive usage of espresso ground.
- The brewed ground was powdered too much.
- Make the brewing process longer until you achieve your desired taste.
3. Failing Internal Circuit Board
One of the most common problems that people may face when they get a new coffee maker is the circuit board failing to work properly.
This happens because of a number of reasons which include: Incorrect power supply, overloaded circuits, and incompatible voltage. If this happens to your coffee maker, then here is what you should do:
- First off, check if the power cord has been plugged in properly to the wall outlet and ensure that it is connected to an outlet with no damage.
- If these are in order, then check if there are any loose connections on the circuit board or around any sockets where cables connect.
- Look at your manual for troubleshooting steps for additional help
- And lastly, consult with an electrician if there are still no results after trying out different steps.
4. Coffee Filters or Grounds on the Countertop
Dropping coffee filters or grounds on the countertop is a common issue for Hamilton Beach coffee makers. That’s why if you’re tired of the endless spill outs in your coffee morning routine, then here are three useful tips to prevent this issue:
1: Pick up your coffee maker every few days and sweep it off the counter before you brew your next pot of coffee.
2: Use two paper towels and place them underneath the machine. Make sure they are on opposite sides so that they will not fall down with gravity and get in contact with the ground.
3: Lastly, prevent coffee filters or grounds from spilling on the countertop by not filling the carafe up to the top.
5.Bad Hinges or Latches on Lid/Drain: Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker Not Pumping Water
Whenever there is a problem with hinges or latches, it can be a struggle to open or close the lid of your Hamilton Beach coffee maker. Luckily, fixing these problems is relatively easy with some basic tools and knowledge.
If you had problems with hinges or latches on your Hamilton Beach coffee maker and can’t seem to fix them on your own, then here are some steps to fix things up:
- Remove any remaining water from inside the machine by pressing down on the “brew” button for at least one minute.
- Empty out any fresh grounds or coffee beans that may still be sitting inside.
- Pour one pint of plain white vinegar onto the clogged areas (or coffee maker cleaners and descaler) into the reservoir.
- If you notice that your lid or drain on your Hamilton Beach coffee maker is not staying closed or opening up by itself, then you may need to fix this problem by replacing the old hinges or latches with new ones.
This is a fairly simple process that can be done at home without any knowledge of the tools needed in about ten minutes.
Sometimes, things can get a little bit complicated when it comes to fixing your own coffee maker. And with the right research and a bit of understanding of troubleshooting, you can definitely fix your machine without spending too much or relying on an electrician.
However, If things got out of control and you’re surely convinced that the issues you have been experiencing aren’t mentioned by any troubleshooting guide online, or your coffee maker still does not work after countless times of following troubleshooting guides online, then your device may be faulty.
If you are fortunate enough that you had experienced the following issues in your product when it is still new and covered by a store return policy, then grab your keys and return it to the store where you had bought it and get a refund before it simply expires.
If it is under warranty, you will need to contact Hamilton Beach through their online platforms/customer support or by calling them on their landline (800) 851-8900.
If your hamilton beach coffee maker stopped working, or your hamilton beach coffee maker won’t brew, calling them might be the best way to get in contact.
If the product is no longer under warranty, you could bring it to a repairman to fix your product. Price may greatly vary depending on the difficulty of repair and the parts that are malfunctioning, or you can also just replace it with a new coffee maker.