There was a time when the coffee machines by Keurig® brew with the use of only one button and the touchscreen feature was missing. The settings were very limited, unlike today, wherein you can personalize based on your very specific preference.
Keurig® 2.0 has settings that can vary your coffee temperature, water content, size of the cup, among others. This makes the coffee drinking experience more satisfying.
Consider this your walkthrough on the six Keurig® brew settings, which will help you have a unique coffee drinking experience with every cup. According to the official website, coffee pods by K-Carafe® and K-Vue® can be brewed using settings number 1 and number 4, respectively.
The rest of the settings can be used in preparing other café-style and sophisticated cups of beverages, which includes cocoa for hot chocolate lovers.
Keurig 2.0 Brew Numbers: Keurig 2.0 Full Menu Options
· Purple – Setting Number 1: This Keurig® 2.0 setting is dedicated to brewing K-Carafe® pods. The resulting beverage is up to 30 ounces of hot coffee. That’s quite a lot of coffee that can fit 4 to 5 cups.
So, if you are the type who goes for a refill or prefers to share your brew with your friends, then this is for you!
· Yellow – Setting Number 2: If you are on the go, this Keurig® 2.0 setting is for you! It is tried and tested for brewing coffee for travel-sized mugs.
Coffee volume is approximately between 12 to 16 ounces. This is also the dedicated setting for single-use cups.
· Green – Setting Number 3: This Keurig® 2.0 setting is best used for brewing 12, 14, or 16 ounces of coffee, just like the previous setting. However, it is believed that Keurig will soon announce an innovation specifically for setting number 3.
· Brown – Setting Number 4: If you are a fan of smaller coffee sizes, like ristretto or espresso, then this Keurig® 2.0 setting will work best for you! You can brew 4, 6, 8, or 10 ounces of coffee. It means that you can enjoy a more concentrated brew that packs a punch for sure!
· Cyan – Setting Number 5: This Keurig® setting is for preparing coffee with milk frothing. It is a two-step process that helps prepare your favorite cup of cappuccino or café latte.
· Orange – Setting Number 6: For mochaccino or hot cocoa lovers, the sixth Keurig® setting is made for you! You can use the orange setting to prepare 6, 8, or 10 ounces of pour-overs or hot chocolate drinks.
Aside from the above settings, there are other features that will help you define and personalize your every cup of coffee. For example, there is a “strong” button that enables you to do a “pulse brewing,” which is an innovative way to extract more out of your coffee.
This means that the extraction is deeper, and your coffee is richer and tastier, too.
The water reservoir of the coffee maker is approved by Food and Drugs Association, and the polystyrene used is certified to be BPA-free. Enjoy a unique brew with the different settings that come with every Keurig® 2.0 coffee maker.